Thursday, January 22, 2015

Electric Forset

Blankets, grills, sleeping bags and tents: the cars are packed to the rim with everything needed for the next four days. Hours transcend to minutes before we can realize.  Everyone crams into the mobile headquarters to begin the journey. As we’re driving, I see the tags dangling from the wrist of another driver, flowing freely in the wind. The tags connect us, for we too also all have them; it’s our mark, our identifier. The others traveling alongside they too are off to the same destination. We’re easy to identify, cars overfilled with people, coolers, and loud music flying out of the windows. I drive all night long. Miles of highway fly by as I grow closer to a place I call home.
Thousands of people come together as one group, living peacefully amongst one another as a community. Everyone’s a neighbor; everyone’s family. Living with all these new people, I find myself making friends from all over the world. Finding people so similar, it’s as if I’ve known them for a lifetime. Every campsite is like a portal into the world of the owners. Their homes are decorated with a piece of each person that inhabits it, making it their home. Drum circles arise everywhere. People are dancing in the sun and enjoying everything Mother Nature has to offer. The festivities flow on as we grow closer to nightfall.

As the darkness consumes the day, the forest becomes alive.  Lights illuminate our paths to show us our way through this enchanted forest. Flocks of people run to the sound of music pumping through the woods.  The clock tower standing in the middle of the forest brings the Illusion together. It’s as if I’m standing in the middle of Alice’s Wonderland. Wandering around searching for all the mysteries this place has to offer, we discover secret stages hidden and waiting for the arrival of sound and excitement. Music and art decorate this wonderland, giving it its final pulse to come alive. The people and music become one with the land and there’s a sense of unity throughout the nation. This is where I feel welcome, a place I can call home.
Electric Forest, ran by Insomniac productions is one of the most highly anticipated festival each year and a personal favorite. Electric forest takes place at the end of June each year at the wonderful JJ ranch in Rothbury, Michigan.  Thousands of people come from all over the world to experience the magic the forest has to offer. Among being one of the most talked about festivals, Electric Forest always keeps there fan on their toes. Thousands of fans standby, speculate, and spread rumors awaiting the festival line up. Electric forest in known for bringing the biggest names in the industry featuring musical acts from EDM,Trap, to Jam, Rap and hip-hop music. Electric forest is unique and thrives on having a wide variety of musical artist and actives to always bring something new to its people.  But most of all the forest is known for the peace and serenity you find along with thousands of people, All feeling the good vibes and nature flowing though the Sherwood forest. Stand by for the official 2015 line up this year.

1 comment:

  1. This seems pretty interesting. Ima keep on looking at your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, Questions, and Suggestions here: